FITS Utility Software
If you know of other items that should
be listed on this page, please contact the FITS Support Office.
- an on-line Web service to immediately verify the format of any FITS file. The
verification program also may be downloaded and installed locally, and then
used in batch mode to verify multiple files at once.
and funpack utility programs for optimally compressing and uncompression
FITS images. Also supports a prototype method for compression FITS binary tables.
- A general FITS file viewer and editor that runs on most platforms.
- an application for reading, writing, editing, and plotting
tables of all kinds, including FITS.
- A very large package of programs for manipulating and analyzing data
in FITS format. Many of the programs are geared towards analysis of high
energy astrophysics data sets, but there are also many general utility
programs that can be used on any FITS file.
- Small set of utility programs to view or modify the contents of FITS files. Written in C using the CFITSIO library. Most of the programs are very short,
and the source code may be modified by users for other purposes.
- set of programs designed to promote initial quantitative understanding of astronomical data, built on top of a simplified FITS library from SAO.
- a programming interface and a collection of programs for working with tabular data in
various formats including FITS, STSDAS table format, and plan ASCII text.
- Astronomical Software and Documentation Service, a collection of on-line
astronomical documents indexed for full-text searching.
- index of available software packages
Last revised: Thursday, 23-Aug-2012 15:16:54 EDT
Contact us: fits @ fits.gsfc.nasa.gov
Hosted by: The
(High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center)
Responsible NASA representative: Dr. William D. Pence
Privacy, Security & Accessibility Statements.