Home | Verifier | News | Docs | WCS | Samples | Libraries | Viewers | Utilities | Keywords | Conventions | Resources
FITS Utility Software
If you know of other items that should be listed on this page, please contact the FITS Support Office. Last revised: Sunday, 17-Jan-2021 17:36:22 EST
- FITSverify - an on-line Web service to immediately verify the format of any FITS file. The verification program also may be downloaded and installed locally, and then used in batch mode to verify multiple files at once.
- fpack and funpack utility programs for optimally compressing and uncompression FITS images. Also supports a prototype method for compression FITS binary tables.
- fv - A general FITS file viewer and editor that runs on most platforms.
- topcat - an application for reading, writing, editing, and plotting tables of all kinds, including FITS.
- FTOOLS Package - A very large package of programs for manipulating and analyzing data in FITS format. Many of the programs are geared towards analysis of high energy astrophysics data sets, but there are also many general utility programs that can be used on any FITS file.
- FITS Tools - Small set of utility programs to view or modify the contents of FITS files. Written in C using the CFITSIO library. Most of the programs are very short, and the source code may be modified by users for other purposes.
- Funtools - set of programs designed to promote initial quantitative understanding of astronomical data, built on top of a simplified FITS library from SAO.
- STSDAS Tables [broken URL] - a programming interface and a collection of programs for working with tabular data in various formats including FITS, STSDAS table format, and plan ASCII text.
- ASDS (old link http://asds.stsci.edu/) - Astronomical Software and Documentation Service, a collection of on-line astronomical documents indexed for full-text searching.
- Astrophysics Source Code Library (ASCL) - a compilation of available software packages.
- Astronomical Software - index of available software packages
Contact us: fits @ fits.gsfc.nasa.gov
Hosted by: The HEASARC (High Energy Astrophysics Science Archive Research Center)
Responsible NASA representative: Dr. Alan P. Smale Privacy, Security & Accessibility Statements.